There’s no better way to warm up on a winter's day than to with a chicken noodle soup. Coming into peak cold and flu season we've upgraded the classic chicken noodle soup with our cold-busting bone broth, instead of regular broth or stock to help you fight off those nasty bugs this winter.
Ingredients (using all organic vegetables where possible):
- 1/2 tbsp grass fed fat, The Ghee or Tallow,
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 1 potato, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 500g of organic chicken
- 1 cup gluten free rice noodles
- 2 x 500ml chicken bone broth
- Himalayan pink salt and pepper to tasteInstructions:
- In a pan brown chicken meat with The Tallow/ Ghee and set to one side
- In the same pan over medium heat, add olive oil, onion, carrot, and celery. Cook and stir until the veggies begin to soften.
Add rosemary, thyme, ginger, and garlic and cook until fragrant.
Add chicken bone broth, turmeric, and the bay leaf. Stir.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add the potatoes and chicken. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the potato softens. Add the egg noodles and simmer for 6 more minutes until the noodles are done. Remove from heat, and remove herb sprigs and bay leaf. Stir in lemon juice.
Serve with dried thyme and a lemon wedge.
- Not feeling like spending time in the kitchen? Don't worry we've got you covered with our ready to eat all organic soups boosted with The Bone Broth! Try our Ginger & Turmeric, Hearty Beef or Traditional Chicken online and in store at ocado.com, Farm Drop ,Plant Organic and Whole Foods.
Recipe inspired by @maryshomemade